> Hello Everyone,

> I  have  been running backups for several years twice weekly saving to
> two  different  drives.  Fortunately  I never really needed them but I
> sure would like to have a backup ready if disaster strikes.

> Looking at the backup folders, I am confused as to the output files:

> Backup 1 shows two files with different file names and extensions:
> a)  TBBackup.TBK    Ext. tbk  Modified 21/1/15 Created 23/10/13
>      Size: 7.685,533 KB
> b) TBBackup.$1     Ext. $1   Modified 14/1/15 Created 14/1/15
>     Size: 5,832,518 kb

> Backup 2 shows
> Weekly.TBK  Ext tbk  Modified 11/1/15  Created 27/10/13
> Size: 7,624,364

> It  seems  that  I  set  up  one backup via system/preferences and the
> second  one  via the scheduler, though both appear in the scheduler. I
> assume  that  the  backups only override the previous one, so only the
> latest will be kept. Is that right or are there any settings as to how
> many versions are to be kept?

The  backup system is not smart although you can set it up any way you
want. A wise person would consider copying the entire mail database to
somewhere  else.  A winrar backup would do the trick. COpy the reg key
to the mail folder and it is doing everything the BAT backup is doing

I  have  had too many of them go corrupt and when that happens you are
SOL as it seems it is a proprietary format

--
Rick
Mankind has created a God in their own idealized image and then treated their

Version 6.7.9.1 (64-bit) on Windows 6.2 Build  9200