Hello Paul,

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 you wrote:

PB> Hello TBUDL@thebat.,

PB> Thursday, August 13, 2015, 3:26:56 AM, you wrote:

PB> Don't know if this is any help, but Tools - Restore - lets you restore
PB> Address Books from a backup.

Indeed it does, however, that option (restore the address books) is already
ticked by default in the restore options window.  It should have restored the
address books when I did a full restore after re-loading the 5.2.2 TB but it
didn't.  Just to make sure, I did several more restores from the two backups I
have with ONLY the "restore address books" option ticked.  Still no luck.  As
mentioned before, the .ABD files I have, particularly the one named JACK.ABD
contains my addresses which appear when I do a hex dump of the files.

I just noticed that my sig now shows up which means this message obtained a
template from somewhere other than the address book.

Well, stick a fork in me and call me done.  Noticing the appearance off my sig
just now prompted me to take another look at my address book and guess what...
Yes, everything is back where it's supposed to be.  All my addresses are in my
address books and they're even in the NEW MESSAGE drop-down list.  Yet another
effort by TB! to send me off into senility sooner that I would be otherwise.

My sincere thanks to all who contributed suggestions which apparently got this
thing fixed, although I'm not sure which one did it.

I'm going to spend some time now looking into automatic backups of TB! and
perhaps even imaging my hard drive periodically.  What the heck, couldn't hurt
right?

--
Best Regards,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver 5.2.2, OS: Windows 7 Pro ver 6, build 7601, Service Pack 1