Hi

On Friday 23 October 2015 at 4:40:33 PM, in
<mid:722514537.20151023104...@charter.net>, Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

> I had previously tried creating a new color group with
> no success. However, in response to your reply I
> decided to try it again. It seems that no matter how
> one accesses "Color Group", be it MESSAGE*COLOR
> GROUP*MANAGE COLOR GROUP, OPTIONS*PREFERENCES*COLOR
> GROUP or right-clicking anything in either the account
> tree or the message list pane and choosing COLOR
> GROUP/MANAGE COLOR GROUP, it's always the same color
> group window containing GENERIC GROUP/DEFAULT.

That's right, there are several different ways to get to the same
window for the Colour Group settings. And until you add new colour
groups yourself, there is only the Generic Colour Group.

> That aside, I just discovered that if you create a new
> color group you can assign that new color group to any
> folder in the account tree (but not the whole account
> tree unless you select all folders) and any message
> (but not all unless you select all) in the message view
> pane.

Yes. But in the case of folders, I have to set colour groups one
folder at a time as my TB! version will not let me select multiple
folders.

> So, I suppose I could pre-select all the folders in the
> account tree and configure a new color group for all
> selected folders.

If your TB! version allows you to select multiple folders. Otherwise
just create a new colour group and then right-click a folder, hover
over "Colour Group" in the context menu, and pick the one you want
from the list. Then then right-click another folder, hover over
"Colour Group" in the context menu, and pick the one you want from the
list. And so on. It's tedious but only takes a second or so per
folder.

> That seems to incur a separate step
> when adding a new folder to the account tree; i.e.,
> selecting the proper color group for that new folder.

True. I generally select the colour group later when I notice I forgot
to do it.

> As is usually the case in matters such as these I'm
> probably missing something and if so, I apologize for
> wasting your time but certainly appreciate your
> efforts.

If you are missing anything, it is not obvious to me at the moment.

--
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-gro...@riseup.net>

Hard work never killed anyone, but why take a risk?

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3