Hello Susanne,

> Can someone please explain in simple terms which folders I should
> subscribe to.

> All Mail was definitely a mistake, as the messages are duplicated in
> different folders.
> And "inbox" is not a choice.

> My folder tree in TB is a huge mess and filtering doesn't seem to work
> well.

I have subscribed to all folders except All Mail. I'm not a massive
Gmail user and this was done many moons ago so I can't remember how
this came about.

I believe that Gmail's IMAP implementation is not like everyone else's
in that Gmail stores all mail in a single folder and use Labels to
separate it out. It then presents these separate labels as separate
IMAP folders. Multiple messages can have multiple Labels and then
appear in multiple IMAP folders.

[Later] I have just discovered for myself that in Gmail web browser
you can click on Setting/Labels and manage which labels Gmail will
present to IMAP clients using the 'Show In IMAP' checkbox.

TB! as a mail client simply shows what it sees.

I hope that helps.

 Tony                            mailto:t...@parkinch.co.uk

The Bat! 7.1.18.3 (BETA) with IMAP on Windows 7 6.1.Service Pack 1 Build: 7601