Hi

Since upgrading from TB! v4 to v7, I have noticed extra blank lines
appearing in the quoted text when I reply to some messages.

I had time today to investigate which messages this happens for. It
seems to be where the reply template invokes Januk Aggarwal's "ReWrap"
macro [0] to "Recursively wrap quoted reply text".

In TB! v4.0.38 (and earlier) this worked as expected, but in TB! v7.2
extra blank lines are inserted after what was the last word on each
line in the original message.

To illustrate:-
               Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing
               elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et
               dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis
               nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex
               ea commodo consequat.

should be quoted as:-
               > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing
               > elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore
               > et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam,
               > quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut
               > aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

but is now quoted as:-
               > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing

               > elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore
               > et

               > dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis

               > nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut
               > aliquip ex

               > ea commodo consequat.

Has there been a change in how TB! handles Regular Expressions that
would account for this behaviour? And what should I tweak to make this
work properly in the current TB! version?

[0] Januk Aggarwal's "ReWrap" macro is in "The Bat! Macro and
Solutions Library" at
<http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/Library.html>. That link is not
currently working properly, but the Way Back Machine has a snapshot at
<https://web.archive.org/web/20070705050832/http://cgi.silverstones.com/library.php>.

The actual Quick Template text is:-

=====[Begin example driver]=====
%_Wrap_Text="%Quotes"%-
%Rem="This line is optional"%___%_Wrap_Limit="50"%-
%QInclude(wrap)%-
=====[ End  example driver]=====

=====[Begin wrap template]=====
%REM='
       Multi-Paragraph wrapping routine using features from TB v2
       Written June 2003 by Januk Aggarwal

       Notes:
          1. This template can be used alone to wrap clipboard
             contents or can be used as a wrapping engine by assigning
             text to the variable, %_Wrap_Text, in the driver template.
          2. Wrapping limit can be set optionally by defining the
             variable %_Wrap_Limit in the driver template
'%-
%-
%IF:'%_Wrap_FirstTime'='':'%-
%___%IF:"%_Wrap_Text"="":"%_Wrap_Text(%Clipboard)"%-
%___%_Wrap_FirstTime="No"'%-
%-
%IF:'%-
%SetPattRegexp="(?is-m)[^\n]+"%-
%RegexpMatch(%_Wrap_Text)'<>'':'%-
%-
%SetPattRegexp="(?is-m)^(.*?)((\n((\w{0,5}(\>\s*)+)?\s*\n)+)(.*)\s*$|\z)"%-
%RegexpBlindMatch(%_Wrap_Text)%-
%-
%_Wrap_Paragraph_1(%Subpatt(1))%-
%_Wrap_Blank_Space(%Subpatt(3))%-
%_Wrap_Remainder_Of_Text(%Subpatt(7))%-
%-
%If:"%_Wrap_Limit"="":"%-
%____%Wrapped(%_Wrap_Paragraph_1)":"%-
%____%Wrapped(%_Wrap_Limit, %_Wrap_Paragraph_1)"

%_Wrap_Text(%_Wrap_Remainder_of_Text)%-
%-
%QInclude(wrap)'%-
=====[ End  wrap template]=====

--
Best regards

MFPA                  <mailto:2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-gro...@riseup.net>

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;
to steal from many is research.

Using The Bat! v7.2.0.2 (BETA) on Windows 10.0 Build 10586

---