Hello Mike,

On Sun, 9 Oct 2016 08:42:06 -0700 GMT (09-Oct-16, 22:42 +0700 GMT),
Mike Greenbaum wrote:

> In the next week or so, I will be replacing the computer on which The Bat! is
> located.

> I'm a registered user of 6.4.0.2 (32-bit) currently on a Windows 7 machine.

> I will be moving to another new Windows 7 machine which will
> support 64-bit (actually, the old computer supports 64-bit--not sure why I'm
> using the 32-bit).

> I have a current backup named BatBackup2.tbk which is stored off-site.

> Since I'm a bit of a dunce at this, can someone let me know where I
> can find instructions about moving everything to a new machine?

> I would assume I'd download the latest version of The Bat! -- or
> can I get the same version--which would be best to do?

> Can I then simply select Restore from the Tools menu and everything will be
> back to normal?

> Or is that making things too simple?

1.) Make a backup with your existing TB! installation.
2.) Copy that backup (*.tbk file) to the new machine.
3.) Download TB! onto thte new machine.
4.) when your installation starts, it will ask you whether you want to
restore from a backup.

It is that simple indeed. I have done thgat a couple of times. There
are some settings that will not be restored; so minor that I don't
remember which.

I have always used the same version on the new machine. I don't know
whether it will work with another version (64 instead of 32), others
will chip in.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 7.3.6.3 (BETA)
under Windows 10.0 Build 14393