Hello Adrian,

> If  I  set  a  common filter to "manual" and refilter the "not sorted"
> directory for manual filters only, it works.
>
> What  do  I  need  to  do  to  make eefilter work on that "not sorted"
> directory without having to change all the existing (and any new ones)
> to manual in "common filters"?

Setting  a  filter to 'manual', whether a common or account one, means
that it will ONLY be used when manually re-filtering, and not when new
mail arrives.

When  manually re-filtering, all the filters (common and account ones)
of  the  selected  type  (Incoming, etc.) will be used, UNLESS 'Manual
filters  only'  is  ticked. In this case, only filters set as 'manual'
will be used.

I  didn't  have any common filters, but for testing purposes I created
one  and  it  just  works.  No  need  to  set the filter to manual for
re-filtering.

Miguel A. Urech (Els Poblets (Alicante) - Spain)
Using The Bat! v7.4.2.0 Christmas Edition
My photos at: http://mau.smugmug.com
My photoblog: http://mau.aminus3.com

Winamp Playing: Earl Klugh - The Night Has Thousand Eyes (CALM RADIO
- SOLO PIANO)