Hello Everyone,

after  using  TB  for  10 years I have come across the following error
message from maintenance centre recently when running regular schedules backups:

"An error occurred while storing data of the folder \\xyz -Known

It  is  possible  that the message base index file is damaged - try to
delete  the  index  file  and  re-read  the folder, then try to backup
again"

1) What exactly does that mean as at the moment I don't notice any
issues?  The folder in question has about 4000 messages currently.

2)   Looking  in  the relevant folder on explorer, I have Messages.TBB
(5gb) and Messages.TBN (8mb) as well as a bat88EE.tmp file ( 1.2GB).
Which one is the index file that I am supposed to delete?
3) What does re-read the folder mean?

4)  Is  my understanding correctly that deleting the index file is not
the same as deleting the messages?

Tom
using TheBat! 4.2.33.9 on Win 7Prof, 64bit