Hello MFPA,

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 you wrote:

M> Hi

M> On Wednesday 27 December 2017 at 12:22:09 AM, in
M> <mid:1327668299.20171226182...@charter.net>, Jack S. LaRosa wrote:-

>> This Unknown CA Certificate warning(?) has recently
>> been appearing every time I
>> do a fetch from my Gmail account. There have been no
>> changes to the account in
>> years.

M> I had something similar with my Riseup email account a few months ago.
M> They had updated their certificates but also made some changes to
M> their setup. I think I had to change port numbers and switch between
M> TLS and STARTLS.

M> Alternatively, if your anti-virus does a man-in-the-middle attack to
M> scan your emails you may need to export a root cert from your
M> anti=virus and load it into TB! (If your setting under Options |
M> S/MIME and TLS is "Inyernal Implementation".) For example see
M> https://support.avast.com/en-ae/article/91/.

Well, I followed the instructions laid out in Avast's "Troubleshooting email
client warnings about invalid server certificates" which remarkably matched what
I was seeing on screen but it still presents the warning when I do a Gmail
fetch.

Unfortunately, port numbers and TLS and STARTLS are beyond my scope of knowledge
right now but I do thank you for the help. For now I'll just continue to click
OK on the warning.

UPDATE - My apologies for replying to my own message but I just wanted to convey
that apparently the problem went away after I rebooted my computer. Avast wanted
to do an update when I opened the Avast control panel and so I let it. After the
update it wanted me to reboot the computer but I was right in the middle of the
original reply to MFPA's message so I postponed the reboot. My mistake. The
reboot apparently took care of the certificate problem.

So, once again M, thanks.

--
Regards,
Jack LaRosa