Hello Avram,

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 07:02:32 -0600 GMT (07-Jan-18, 20:02 +0700 GMT),
Avram Sacks wrote:

> I need help figuring out how to move The Bat from an old laptop to a new
> laptop

> I have never had good luck with trying to restore from a backup
> file.   So, I copied the Mail folder to the same location under
> "users\user name\app data\roaming"  But, now what?     Can I copy
> the .msi file from the old laptop for The Bat, run that file and then insert
> the product key?

> Alternatively, if I purchase a new version, will the upgrade
> version work on my new laptop, even if the old version is not
> installed?   The old version is version 5  (not the version 7 I am
> using for this message on a different laptop).

You don't need to copy the mail directory. All you do is download the
.msi onto the new computer and click on it.

During installation, you will be asked whether you want to restore
from a backup file. Confirm that.

Then you will be asked to browse to the file. You choose the file and
let TB! do its magic.

I've done that several times in the past.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 8.0.18 Christmas Edition
under Windows 10.0 Build 16299

---