Thanks for your response.  See below,

TF> On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 18:20:37 -0500 GMT (28-Apr-18, 06:20 +0700 GMT),
TF> Avram Sacks wrote:

>> The Bat has been acting strangely for the past - approximately -
>> four months.   It will, usually, but not always, automatically stop,
>> shut down, and then re-start, if I attempt to copy text into an
>> e-mail.

* * *

TF> I have experienced it a few times, not often. Only on my home
TF> computer, never on my laptop. My guess has always been that my
TF> computer does not habe enough RAM - old motherboard, it is maxed out
TF> at 3GB. No more slots.

But, I have 8 GB of RAM on my laptop.  I don't believe lack of RAM is the
problem here.  This can happen with just a few windows open.

This can happen in the same session several times in a row, and then not
happen.   There is no consistency.

Any other ideas?

--
Avi

Avram Sacks, using The Bat! Pro ver. 7.1.18 on Win 7 Pro