Hello Jack,

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 16:42:08 -0500 GMT (24-Sep-18, 04:12 +0700 GMT),
Jack S. LaRosa wrote:

> Hello TBUDL'ers,

> My wife's laptop has developed a habit of (apparently) randomly switching
> address books. This last time, when I looked in
> C:\Users\June\AppData\Roaming\The Bat!, which is where I usually find the
> address books, the one I was looking for wasn't there. I did a disk search for
> .abd and found a folder here: C:\TB!ADBs which contained the address book for
> which I was searching, and nothing else. Note the transposition of the D and
> B.

> Should this folder even exist? And if so should it be located in the root
> directory of the C drive? There's a very slight possibly that I might have
> created this folder years ago but even if so, why would the (in use) address
> book move into this folder and be replaced in TB! with one from
> C:\Users\June\AppData\Roaming\The Bat!? She's running TB! v6.0.12. Where in
> this
> version are the address books normally kept?

I confirm that my AB is wandering as well. Sometimes I find it in the
Download folder, sometimes in other folders. I have not experienced a
new folder being created, though.

> Additionally, any ideas as to why TB would change the current address book in
> what appears to be a random fashion? She has no idea how to change the default
> address book and no one else uses this computer except me and that's usually
> only when something like this happens.

I cannot confirm this, it always looks the same over here.

--

Cannot find a quick template "tbsig"