I would like to return to the main subject.   Is there yet a confirmed fix
for the error message and the failure of The Bat to send e-mail from a
gmail domain?   If so, what is it?  There has been a lot of technical
jargon about changing command line parameters or adding certain text to a
shortcut.   But, subsequent e-mails suggest that this does not always work.
  So, at this point, is there a definitive resolution?  Again, please note
(as I previously posted) that my wife, with version 5.8.8 of The Bat, does
not experience this problem.

--
Avi

Avram Sacks, using The Bat! Pro ver. 7.1.18 on Win 7 Pro