Hello Ian,

> Also, there is no way of creating a personal dictionary as in the
> past. I had a whole lot of engineering terms that I no longer get
> checked because I can't add those words to a custom dictionary.

Yes,  there  is.  I  have  a user dictionary for Spanish that I called
"muuserdicesp.tlx"  for SSCE and it is always shown when I right click
on a misspelled word and select Add to dictionary from context menu.

For  SSCE you have to create a txt file in Mail/speller directory. The
first  line  must  identify  the  language.  For example "#LID 29552",
without  the  quotes, for Spanish. Open the .tlx file for your desired
language  to  find the needed #LID value. Save the file and change the
.txt extension to .tlx

For Hunspell, which I don't currently use, it is a little different. I
have two user dictionaries in Mail/dictionaries directory:

es_ES.udc for Spanish
en_GB.udc for British English

Hope this helps.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial (Madrid)- Spain)
Using The Bat! Version 9.4.4 (64-bit)