Peter Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Is it ZoneAlarm that strips your mail headers?
> Please don't strip the "In-reply-To:" and "References:" headers, as it
> breaks threading: Each of your mails starts a completely new thread.

Sorry about that.  I use Berkeley mail to write all of my e-mail.
I have been using it for about 15 years.

Berkeley mail does not support threading.  It probably does not support
"In-reply-To:" and "References:" headers either.  Even if it did, the
fact that I write all of my e-mail from scratch instead of using
Berkeley mail's "reply" function would effectively disable this feature.

I have tried to insert the "In-reply-To:" and "References:" headers
manually in this message.  If this does not correct the problem for you,
please let me know by private e-mail.  I will then investigate this
problem more thoroughly and try to correct it.

TB! is the best Windows/GUI-based mail client that I could find.
However, I still prefer Berkeley mail (or mailx) over TB! for my
personal use.

I do not want to start a Berkeley mail vs. TB! discussion.  TB! is
probably much better than Berkeley mail.  However, Berkeley mail is
sufficient for my needs.  It already has more features than I need.
Therefore, I see no need to switch myself.

I am on this mailing list because I need to support another person for
whom I installed TB!.

Uwe Brockmann, [EMAIL PROTECTED]