>> We are using your great (!) email client and run a linux-based
>> cyrus imap-server behind. It is some time that I remarked some
>> strange things about new mails. At least my account does not show
>> me all incoming mails.

ML> I guess no one answered because none of us has ever experienced
ML> anything like this. You may have to provide more details before
ML> anyone could help you.

I don't remember the original post, but if I saw it I probably figured
someone else would answer it...

Well, that plus the fact that I don't have the details...

ML> How do you "know" you didn't get all the new messages? Is it because
ML> you're expecting a particular message and couldn't find it in the
ML> Inbox? When you see in the mail dispatcher a message you think you
ML> didn't get, how is it marked? (Are its "read" and "receive" marks
ML> checked?)

This would be an interesting question to have answered, but perhaps
skirts the issue.

ML> You must have set up your account to leave mail on server, right?

He said he's using IMAP.  As far as I know TB's IMAP implementation is
"buggy as all that" so I would stop at that.  If anyone knows any
details about the IMAP bugs (I don't use it so I don't really care),
they might help our friend here, but I'll just post, "yeah, IMAP has
serious problems.  They suggest that they will be fixed in v2, which
is likely to ship at some point but likely not before the end of the
year."

-tom!

--
Hopin' this said *something* useful, [EMAIL PROTECTED] out.