Hi Ming-Li,

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 06:27:43 -0700, you wrote:

ML> Hi Dirk,

>> The External program must import it back to TB! with the
>> commandline parameter.

ML> That's what I thought. But I tried and it didn't work that way.

>> So Setup the filter Action for starting the external Program, the
>> external program reformat the message and at the end it call:

>> thebat.exe /IMPORTU="accout";F="folder";IN="file.msg";DEL';

ML> So you mean I've to setup the external program to call this? I'm not

Yes

ML> sure I can do that with my editor automatically. Would it launch

Think about a *.bat file

-------
rem start the editor with the first commandline parameter
rem the editor do the job and save this file under the same name

Start /wait myeditor.exe %1

thebat.exe /IMPORTU="accout";F="folder";IN="%1";DEL';
------

Or write a reformat program with a Script language (eg. Python, Perl)

ML> another instance of TB? Shouldn't TB "take it back" by itself

No, if TB! is allready started and you call it again with some
commandline parameters, TB! send the parameter for executing to the
first instance and quit, so there is no problem.

ML> (otherwise what's the "wait for completion" option for)?

I assume that this means that TB! wait until the external programm
quits. But i am not sure.

So.

- The Filter trigger
- TB! Start the Program and wait
-  The  external prg do the job, call TB! with the inport command. and
exit
- now your called TB! execute your command and import the mail, and at
the  same  time  TB! continue with the next filter because you external
prg are quit.

cu,
 Dirk

--
Using The Bat! 1.45 Beta/10 (S/N 12A1F196 / Educational) under Windows 95 4.0 Build
1111  B