Hello Thomas,

TF> Hi Clif,

TF> On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:34:28 -0700GMT (21/07/2000, 10:34 +0800GMT),
TF> Clif Oliver wrote:

CO>> Is there any way to filter deletes (like outgoing mail) so that it
CO>> ends up in a different folder than Trash?

TF> Define "delete" for me. Especially in contrast to "move". ;-)

<Chuckle>

It does sound rather odd, doesn't it?  A little more detail--

I have filters set up to archive all email about a project.  So if I
send a message to ???@xyz.com, it gets placed into xyz's folder after
sending rather than the Sent folder.

All mail comes into my Inbox.  For reasons of the time management
techniques I use, I want everything in one Inbox, not tossed to
separate folders with a filter before I see it and make a decision
regarding it.

So a message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] comes in, I see it in my Inbox, read
it and simply want to file it as part of the project's e-mail.  What I
am *supposed* to do is ctl-V or Move to Folder it.  What I keep
doing because some days fingers are faster than brains, it hit the
trash can icon or the Delete key.  What would be ideal is if, when I
do that, a filter would say, hey!  This is from xyz.com domain.  And
then put it in the project folder rather than the Trash folder.

Basically, I am hoping I can get The Bat to pay more attention to this
than I apparently am able to discipline myself to do. <grin>

 Clif                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]