On Thursday, July 20, 2000, 8:18:56 PM, Januk Aggarwal wrote:

>> Two problems that I experience. First, all the headers are included when
>> you save messages *.msg.

CO>  Sorry, I don't understand.  Why is this a problem?  This is what TB
CO>  *should* be doing.

All of the headers are included when you save messages as a Unix
Mailbox, whereas only the most relevant headers, i.e. To:, From:,
Subject:, Date:, etc. are included when you save messages individually
as text files. I don't want the message ID's, Return Paths, In-Reply-To,
References, X-Return Path, X-Priority, etc. included... that information
is not relevant to me at that stage. Do you see what I mean?

It would be nice if there was some method to strip that header
information off the messages, leaving only the Subject, To, From, Date
and File information along with the message itself.

PS... My initial response to Januk's message on this thread somehow got
applied to an altogether different thread... titled "Filtering Trash",
and it seemed to be in response to the message by Clif Oliver. Huh? I
hadn't even opened that thread as yet... all the messages were still
marked as Unread? Go figure! How could that happen? You can even see
Clif's initials in the quoted material, yet he wasn't the author of that
material. Very strange.

Nick

   --=N.J. (Nick) Andriash=--
 PGP Key ID: 0x7BA3FDCE | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Owner ~ http://www.egroups.com/group/PGP-Basics
 To Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ---