On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:44:38 -0700, Tom Plunket wrote:

DH>> Very easy: Just turn off the "View HTML Messages". You should see
DH>> now the plain text and a tab for the HTML version. I use two
DH>> instances of TB!, one at work with view HTML as standard turned off
DH>> (my annoying colleagues use OE and send all their messages as HTML,
DH>> even short sentences) and one at home with HTML on (for some
DH>> newsletters).

TP> I don't mean to be obtuse, but that distinction is made in TB!, not in
TP> the message itself.  I was asking what the difference *at the message
TP> level*, not *at the TB! level* between the above, as Tony asserted
TP> that there was some difference between "an HTML message" and what
TP> Januk sent.

        Most mailers send two messages, i.e., the html message and a
plain text version. Are you sure that TB! actually displays the plain
text message by stripping the HTML stuff out and reformatting?

TP> For the record, I never view as HTML.  Any message that comes as HTML
TP> (into my inbox, that is) also gets deleted without examination.

        Yeah, yeah yeah, tough guy!!! yeah!

--
A.C. Martin          [ TB! v1.45 Beta/11 | Win2k Pro ]
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey