On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:11:01 -0400, Marc Weinmann wrote:

MW> I'd like to revisit this issue, since I still don't have it working..
MW> Can TB display messages in the message window (not the preview pane)
MW> in order of thread, and only unread messages?

        Yes. The folder view message list is capable of everything the
main window message list is. You can thread it, view only unread
messages etc. Unfortunately you can't make a selective message view such
as unread messages your default view. You have to manually select the
view each time. This is not good but .... the wish for otherwise has
been stated on many an occasion already.

MW>  What I've tried so far is navigating with space or cntrl-] and it
MW> skips around.

        This is what I use. Luckily this shortcut cycles through the
messages, starting from the beginning of the list again when it reaches
the end. Since I thread by references, I can still follow very well the
discussions even though I may not be reading the messages one after the
other from older to new in terms of creation dates and times.

MW>  If I use space within the preview pane, it does go in the order of
MW> the message list (which if properly sorted), but all, not just
MW> unread.

        The space bar will not open a collapsed thread either. It will
simply jump from the first message of a collapsed thread to another. The
scroll-bar is not, IMHO, a good way of navigating the threaded view.

MW> duh.. just answered my own question.. I guess I can display only the
MW> unread messages... but how can I do this (read in order of thread from
MW> within a message box)

        In the folder view window go to the 'View' menu and select
'message list'. This will display the message list. You may now use the
same menu to get it to display according to threads etc.

--
-=A.C. Martin=-       [ TB! v1.45 S/MIME | Win2k Pro ]
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey