Hello John,

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000 at 07:00:40 [GMT +1000], you wrote:
JP> Just a quick question - is there a primer somewhere how to use the
JP> %TO macro correctly? I need to always add a particular recipient
JP> in the "to" field of an e-mail from a particular folder in a
JP> template - for instance to the bat mailing list from the Bat!
JP> folder, etc.

Don't need much in the way of a primer. If you put
%TO="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in a template, that address will appear
in the TO field of any message created using that template. If you use
it in a REPLY template, then it will put that address in the TO field
in addition to the address already in the TO field from the reply.

To get around that, if you want *only* the TO address you specify to
appear in the TO field-- even after a reply, then you need to use the
TO macro twice-- the first time with no value, as this will clear the
TO field. i.e.

%TO=""
%TO="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

JP> PS I also find that <Ctrl> C will not copy to the clipboard from
JP> an e-mail. What is the trick here? Thanks.

I don't have any problems with it. Can you let us know what types of
messages you're having problems with? i.e. HTML or plaintext.

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

--
TBUDL/TBBETA List Moderator
ICQ 216395 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Using The Bat! 1.46 Beta/1 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
on a Pentium III 500 MHz notebook with 128MB.

Tagline of the day:
Books you'll never see; Children's book of pop-up anatomy.