Hello Joe,

Wednesday, August 09, 2000, 04:35:20, you wrote:

> [...]

JF> See: Yeats.

>>> You finally got something right -- we really have nothing to discuss.

SL>>     Only because you're incapable of visualizing anything other than your
SL>> petty little world.

JF> You have it backwards.

JF> You're incapable of "visualizing" the needs of the majority of users.

JF> You're head is so far stuck up your computer's ass, you can't see anything
JF> but bits and bytes anymore.

>>> So lets not discuss anything anymore, okay?

SL>>     Yes, leave.

JF> Make me.

JF> You can hear much less from me though, by ignoring me.

JF> Otherwise, you reap what you sow.

>>> I know how to hold a club, and that's all I need to know.

SL>>     Yup, the wrong way.

JF> There is no wrong way to hold a club.

JF> The "right" way is the way that *works* best for *you.*

JF> You'd know that if you weren't such a doofus.

SL>> And you still cry when everything goes wrong and
SL>> blame everyone else instead of look at yourself.

JF> First, I'm not the one crying.  Second, I don't blame anyone for
JF> anything.

JF> Third, when I do look at myself, I like what I see.

JF> And if you don't like it, you can stick it in your ear.

>>> Can I swing at anything I want?

SL>>     Sure, swing it at anything near you right now.  Might I suggest the
SL>> computer.  You'll get more use out of it that way.

JF> It serves my needs, that's all it needs to do.

>>> If you treated people decently, we wouldn't now be having at it.

SL>>     If people used their brains instead of whining like a gerbil with no
food
SL>> maybe I would treat them as something other than the rodents they are.

JF> Again, if you took your own advise and used your brain (yes, even
JF> *your* brain!), and not your ass, you'd notice that I'm not whining.

JF> I'm also not going to roll over for you either.

JF> You're the prototypical bully, and I hate bullies, especially the stupid
JF> ones.

>>> Fascists like you only know one truth, your own.

SL>>     Whoa, Fascist so soon?  Come now, I expected better of you.  So far
you're
SL>> following the basic script.  Digs on spelling, calls of fascism, what
next,
SL>> comparing me to Hilter?

JF> You're the one who started all this crap, not me, and it appears this is
your
JF> usual modus operandi here, too.

JF> I.e., insulting people, treating them like dirt, etc.

JF> Apparently you can dish it out, but you can't take it very well, can
JF> you?

JF> And now you're whining about it, in typical bully fashion.

JF> Well, I have a surprise for you, Little Stevie.

JF> I ain't gonna take it.

>>> It sure does, if you're trying to SELL SOFTWARE TO THE MAJORITY!

SL>>     Newsflash, the majority will never buy TB!.SL>

JF> Not if you have anything to say about it, eh?

>>> Besides, the chances of you ever calling me a sissy-faggity boy to my

>>> 1.Slim

>>> 2.Nil

>>> 3.Nonexistent

SL>>     Only because

SL>> 1: We'll never meet.

JF> We can do something about that.

SL>> 2: Because you're a social outcast.

JF> TRANSLATION:

JF> I'm not a sheep.

SL>> 3: That would run at the first chance.

JF> I'm for putting this to the test, Little Stevie.

JF> It's time to put up or shut up.

JF> We can arrange it privately, at your convenience.

SL>>     Don't bet on what I won't do.  I say it to your face, with a smile.

JF> See above, and then lets see your big smile, eh?

>>> So what?  Again, I couldn't care any less about your problems, or your
>>> lack of any problems, either.

>>> Maybe you're just too damn dumb to know that you have a problem?

SL>>     Nah, I can identify problems and most times offer reasonable
solutions.

JF> Is this a talent you like to keep hidden from everybody?

SL>> That, of course, requires critical thinking, problem solving and a lot of
SL>> intuition.  Thins you lack completely.

JF> Well, that can all be tested, too, i.e., on standardized tests.  Lets see
JF> who ends up on which side of the bell curve, too, okay?

JF> Right after we meet in person, that would really be nice.

>>> Geeeeeeeeez, I knew this group was an international one...but we must live
>>> on different freakin' planets!

SL>>     Oh, you forgot to mention you're typing with your nose and left ear
since
SL>> you were born with no limbs.  Wow, my very first exchange with the
mutt-man of
SL>> Mars!

JF> Au contraire, I think you've probably had countless encounters with people
JF> from Mars, mutt-men included.

JF> You even sound at times like you've been probed by them, too.

JF> You can check this out for yourself, Little Stevie Smart, by sticking
JF> your finger way up into your nose and feeling around for a sharp metallic
object.

> [...]

JF> Yes, because you haven't a clue as to who your "boss" really is.

JF> That's typical of stupid people the world over.

JF> And because you're an $%#&)^$, too.

SL>> You
SL>> know, most people are quire glad that we don't bow down to every petty
wish
SL>> and do that.  They actually like being able to communicate from point A to
SL>> point B.

JF> As long as you look upon people's needs as being "petty," you're
JF> doomed to remain as stupid as you sound.

>>> And the reason that new standards will be put in place is because the
>>> people will DEMAND that they be put in place.

>>> You know, those stupid, ignorant "majority" folks.

SL>>     Only when they have gone through the appropriate process to create a
new
SL>> standard which includes peer review by the people who actually know what
is
SL>> going on instead of the rats (that's people like you), who whine about
things
SL>> not working without ever wondering why it doesn't work.  And then it is a
SL>> /NEW/ standard, not the old one which was broken.  I have no problems with
SL>> /NEW/ standard being put in place to allow large transfers.  However, it
has
SL>> to beat out several existing technologies designed for such a task and
simple
SL>> ways to access them.

JF> Yadda yadda yadda...the people couldn't care less about your
JF> freakin' "process," or your freakin' "standards," blah blah blah.

JF> They only care about getting what they want, when they want it, and
JF> for a price they can afford.

JF> Everything else is moot.

>>> That should be your freakin' motto until you can talk to people decently.

SL>>     No, my motto is "The ingenuity of human stupidity will never cease to
SL>> amaze me."  People like you made me create that one and in the 10 years
since
SL>> I've coined it it has been true nearly every day since.

JF> That's funny.  My own motto is "Do unto others as they do unto you."

>>> Henry Ford

>>> Yeah, right, until Chevy came out with blue, green, white, and a
>>> maaaavelous shade of yellow!

SL>>     No, until a better drying process came along.  But then, I didn't
expect
SL>> an ignorant twit such as yourself to know anything about history beyond
the
SL>> revisiting of dinner.

JF> And the urgency of finding a "better drying process" was pushed along by
JF> CUSTOMER DEMAND, you stupid little dweeb, or cars would still all be
JF> painted black!

JF> Geeeeeeeeeeeeez, you get stupider by the post.

>>> No chance.  You're too damn dumb to get anywhere.

SL>>     *chuckle*  As compare to whom, you?  The gerbil of the world.  "It
doesn't
SL>> work, WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".
SL>> Nah.  Trust me, I'm on a better track than you are.

JF> I'd trust Bill Clinton before I'd ever trust you, Little Stevie.

JF> And I wouldn't trust Slick Willie with a freakin' dollar broom.

>>> And, no, I won't be listening to you, so do us both a favor and save your
>>> breath.

SL>>     Do the list a favor, get your ignorant face away from here.

JF> All you have to do now, you see, Little Stevie, is make me.

>>> And a foul-smelling breath it is.

SL>>     Woooo....  Pardon me if I don't shudder.

JF> Then you'll be contacting me privately?

>>> When I want to become a petty, churlish, mean-spirited little fascist, I
>>> promise to come to you for guidance.

SL>>     Nah, you don't have the intelligence to even do simple things with a
text
SL>> editor. The best you can aspire to is being the first ever Darwin Award
SL>> based on an actual death.  I'd metting something that involves beastiality
and
SL>> motorsports in some new, inbred configuration.  You'll be a pioneer for
your
SL>> kin.

JF> Haha.  You're really starting to babble now, Little Stevie.

JF> That's the first sign of a stress-related breakdown -- gibberish.

JF> And that's too freakin' bad.

JF> Back off on those bits and bytes awhile, eh?

JF> Or seek professional help -- because I'm worried about you, guy!

I've been reading this and feel I have to join in in Steves defense
here. I work for  a defense sub contractor, I design hardware and
write reams of assembly for a living. In my line of work and any one
who was sufficiently intelligent enough to get a high tech job
standards are very important.

Standards ensure everything works with everything. IE, Netscape and
the old AOL all using different standards ruined the www for everyone.
Due to personal dislike for Netscape, Microsoft and AOL I couldn't
decide what browser to design for. In the end I went for IE4+,
Netscape doesn't have the power to create and *enforce* decent
standards while M$ does.

I want all my e-mail clients to be RFC 822 compliant, I want all pages
with all the scripts to work. If anyone can enforce real standards
I'll support them wholeheartedly.

Also Joe, TB! is an unbelievably simple editor to use, a wonderful
free caret system with toggleable auto formatting.

I agree with Steve that the old lets call everyone a Fascist ploy is a
tired  old maneuver only used by the commies or newbies. If you really
want to attack Steve find code he's written and try and optimize it.
People hate having their code re-written more efficiently by other
people.

BTW
If you want to see what a civilised argument is like then I suggest
you see the thread titled "Re: OT? S/MIME & PGP (inspired by: Re[2]:
List server rules)" Thomas was a worthy opponent and I look forward to
discussing more topics with him. Both of us were civil at all times
and any barbs were very subtle and artistic. That's how a real flame
war goes on. The flames are so subtle it's very difficult for a
moderator to pick up on them. Although our discussion didn't quite
reach that level.

- --
Jamie Dainton
Wednesday, August 09, 2000 08:19:40
The Bat! 1.46 Beta/3
Windows 98 4.10 2222

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=sendKey