Hi,

Oliver Sturm wrote:

> But every now and then I'd like to tell the ticker "go away now with
> those five messages", because I can already recognize they are not
> so exciting after all. I _don't_ want them marked read immediately
> (which requires several actions on my part, anyway), I want them
> only to disappear. I can hide the ticker, but then it won't appear
> again at all until I set it to "Show automatically" again. Any
> ideas?

Here's what I do:

I create unread copies of such mails to a special folder (labeled
TODO) and mark the original mails as read in their respective folders.
The TODO folder has the "Don't Show Unread Messages in Mail Ticker"
set. The ticker goes away and a blue TODO with a bold number next to
it tells me that there are still messages to be dealt with. After
having dealt with a message I simply delete it from the TODO folder.

Of course, if you have specific folder settings where the originals
are kept this won't work.

Regards,

Markus
Using The Bat! 1.46 Beta/3 under Windows NT 4.0 Build
1381 Service Pack 5