Hello Kenneth,

On Wed, 09 Aug 2000 at 14:12:23 [GMT -0700], you wrote:
KP> My "other favorite client" instead puts each address in a named
KP> "book" for organizational purposes. At composition time, I can
KP> right-click in any address field (To, CC, BCC) and a popup menu
KP> appears of entries in the address book. The entries appear under
KP> submenus named for the "Books" (eg. Personal, Mailing Lists,
KP> Customers, Vendors, etc.). This mostly serves to organize the
KP> entries into small menus that fit on-screen.

KP> Does TB have something comparable or planned?

Most certainly, although it may not fit your preconceived notion
exactly.

For example, say you have four address book groups named:
Co-Workers
Friends
Family
Fellow TBUDLers

Now, you must-- in the address book --tell TB which addresses are
favorites. Can't get around that one, sorry.

Create a new message, then right-click in any of the fields (TO, CC,
BCC)

You should see the address book groups listed, and the ones with
little right-arrows are slide out menus that will show you all the
favorites in that group.

While you said that you have "many" recipients you'd have to check, I
most certainly wouldn't want this as a default behavior for any
address I add. That would be well over 5,000 (I run multiple
discussion lists and newsletters.)

I get to choose only those who are truly "favorites" due to the
frequency of mailing to them.

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

--
TBUDL/TBBETA List Moderator
ICQ 216395 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Using The Bat! 1.46 Beta/3 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
on a Pentium III 500 MHz notebook with 128MB.

Tagline of the day:
A "running mate" is a husband who dared to talk back.