On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 15:29:43 +0200, Peter Steiner wrote:

>I never had these problems. There were other problems with exports and
>imports, but the ones i know of are fixed in the latest stable release
>1.45 (and there were some improvements. you can now export with the
>Save As dialog). I see you are using 1.44; perhaps you could try
>upgrading to 1.45?

The Unix mailbox import bug still hasn't been fixed satisfactorily in
The Bat! 1.45 (and 1.46b3). Earlier versions used to trip over _any_
line in the message body starting with "from " or "From ", assuming it
to be the begin of a new message. This behaviour has improved insofar
it now only gets caught on lines starting with "From ".

>Or you could inspect the huge file. Is every message separated from
>the next one with an empty line followed by a line starting with
>"From "?

That's only partly correct. The exact syntax of the separator line
should be like this:

|From account@domain Sat Aug 26 17:48:01 2000

(excluding "|")

... or, as a PCRE compatible RE: