Hello, fellow Bat-lovers.

On Monday, August 28, 2000, 11:33:14 AM, Ming-Li wrote:

> Hi Keith,

>>   In keeping with my determination to finally "clean up" after
>>   several months of familiarizing myself with all the ins and outs
>>   of TB, I decided to export several months' worth of Becky!
>>   messages and import them into TB.

> Congratulation! I also tried out Becky and decided on TB, and have
> not for a minute regretted it.

Thanks, Ming-Li. I actually switched some time ago. I started trying
out Becky in May of last year, I think. A couple of months later, I
downloaded The Bat and used both, off and on, for several months as I compared
them.

I finally registered TB last Christmas, but never found the time to
import all my Becky messages.

Coincidentally, in doing a search this morning for "Becky" (hoping to
find some export/import help), I came across some messages you posted
in June about TB's lack of true CJK/DBCS support. I think I missed
that thread at the time, because I don't remember it. Thomas, John De
Hoog (where are you, John?), and I (and others) had discussed some of
these problems at length several months earlier, and it was this
(along with TB's poor threading) that resulted in my waiting several
months to register.

These two issues have still not been resolved, and I really have my
fingers crossed waiting for version 2.

>>   However, 3 messages (all from the same sender) have no bodies.
>>   The headers specify:

>>   There is no boundary specification.

>>   When I look at the exported file, the body is there. In The Bat!,
>>   there is no body and no attachment.

> If I understand you correctly, the messages are listed on the
> message list but are without bodies, right? I didn't run into this
> when I tried to export some messages from Becky to TB, but I would
> suggest you to save those messages (in Becky) as .eml or .msg files
> (they're the same format with different extension names) and import
> them as such.

Because I assumed that msg format wasn't standard and wouldn't work
well, I hadn't tried this. On your suggestion, I did so--i.e., in
Becky Export, I unchecked "Unix standard mailbox" and gave the file a
.msg extension. In looking at the file, I couldn't immediately see a
difference from the Unix mailbox-formatted file, but I imported it
into TB anyway.

The result was the same as before. I then decided to try with a single
message, rather than several messages in a single file. I exported one
of the problem messages in both Unix and .msg format, then imported
both files into TB. Again, no body, although I could clearly see the
body in both exported text files!

I can only assume that there is something nonstandard about the
message headers, but what?

Thanks for the reply.

--
 Keith Russell     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
...Why build a wall round a cemetery when no one wants to get in?

Using The Bat! 1.46 Beta/3 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 on a Pentium II 233 with
64 MB.