diggity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

d> I have NAV2000 and have set it up according to the help files and I
d> can tell you it does scan incoming emails.

Yes, it does scan incoming emails.

d>   So I guess it works :-)

Does it, really?  I tested it by sending myself copies of the "love
letter" and "very funny" viruses from another machine as binary
attachments. NAV2K did, indeed, scan the incoming emails, but it did
not alert me to their contents until I attempted to save the
attachments. Only when I sent them as text attachments or in the body
of the email did NAV2K detect them and, no matter which option I chose
(repair attachment, delete, quarantine), The Bat's "retrieving mail
from server" pop-up box would stay open and The Bat would hang.  I
could close the box, but The Bat would still hang.  I'd have to close
the program, turn off email scanning, and restart.

--

 </Warren>

 http://guano.org/pgp.txt