Hello Tom Plunket,
On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:33:25 -0700 GMT your local time,
which was Friday, September 01, 2000, 12:33:25 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Tom Plunket wrote:

VM>>> Try send thru my university SMTP use this: pop.faesa.br maybe work.
VM>>> Was  wrong  on  last  mail!!!              ^^^^^^^^^^^^ now it is
VM>>> correct

MDP>> This  looks  like  the  address  of  a  POP server rather than an SMTP
MDP>> server.

> Last I heard, many email servers were able to effectively multitask.
> ;)  This address may be POP only, but it couldn't hurt to see if
> there's an SMTP server running on the same machine, could it?

I thought that sending mail via pop servers was possible as on some
menus it was an option...

More to the point if you KNOW a relaying server mentioning it on lists
like this one which is read by spammers (!) can mean it will be used
by them and that means the hole gets blocked...

Open servers  of any kind shouldnt be broadcast into the open to
mailing lists...

Best regards,

tracer

--

Using theBAT 1.46 Beta/3 with Windows NT
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]