Hi A.,

> You may set the view differently for each folder, yes. You however, seem
> to have 'use default column settings' enabled  for each folder. You may
> access this setting by right clicking on the folder and viewing its
> properties.

Thanks. I wasn't aware the default column settings had that kind
of effect on the view choice.
Is there an updated help file somewhere? I have to rely on 'help'
heavily, being just a 'run of the mill' user with no deep
insights into the workings of programs <g>.

> On another note (moderatorial this time :-)):
> Please try to avoid creating a new message by replying to another. What
> this does is place your unrelated message in the middle of a thread that
> it doesn't belong. What you need to do is create a new message, using
> the 'new message' toolbar button.

Sorry about that. I thought just taking the name out of the
'to' line would be enough.
I'm still having a bit of trouble with the address book. Haven't
figured out how to automatically place addresses I reply to in
there.
 Susanne                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]