On Monday, September 25, 2000, 5:04:29 AM, Tobias wrote:

> this morning I was desperetly looking for a reply I was sure I had
> sent out a week ago. The little arrow on the envelope icon in the
> message list reassured me that I indeed did so. But finally I
> realised that the arrow is only there, because I had sent a
> reading confirmation and I never replied at all.

Are you sure? Here TB doesn't mark a message as "replied" when only
a reading confirmation is sent. I guess you have the auto-save
function on, don't you? When the auto-save function is on, and you
start replying to a message, that (received) message is marked as
"replied" (with little green arrow) as soon as TB auto-saves your
reply for the first time. Even if you eventually give up and cancel
the reply, and delete the saved part from the Outbox, the original
message is still marked as replied.

There is one way to test this. Find a message that you did reply.
Select it, and press Ctrl-Backspace. If the reply is saved in the
Sent folder (or one of its sub-folders), then TB should call up the
reply for you. Try this on a message to which only a reading
confirmation was sent, and it won't work.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5 | Win2k SP1