Hi all,

Slowly (very slowly) the power of regular expressions is sinking into
my pysche.  Having said this I still haven't had the time to do more
than glance at my copy of "Mastering Regular Expressions" and I was
hoping some kind soul would be able to point me in a general
direction.

I need to be able to extract text that spans multiple lines.

i.e.

   #This is line 1
    This is line 2
    This is line 3~

I need to extract everything between the "#" and the "~".  I can find
the beginning of the line but I can't figure out the way to continue
until the "~" and stop.  Everything I try either stops at the end of
the first line or selects *everything* after the first line even though
I don't need everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Children will be renamed in
your honor.  Just ask little Ming-Li (previously Max) and little Januk
(previously Zoe).

Arnie