On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:27:52 -0400, Jan Rifkinson wrote:

JR> I've not noticed a way to set up a template that includes a place
JR> for "original subject". Is this so &, if so, is there a work around?

I'm not quite sure exactly what you're asking but the macro to generate
the original subject is %OSUBJ.

JR> Also I've tried to build a template that you may have seen that
JR> includes a time stamp of the original post but I find that this is
JR> not always accurate. Maybe this is because of the different time
JR> zones. In your opinion, what is the cleanest way to include a time
JR> stamp in a template, i.e. based on what?

TB! tends to convert the message time stamps to your local time zone and
uses these times in the templates. As a result of this, if you use the
provided macros for original message time, you'll get the original
message time adjusted to your local time zone. The time is technically
still correct but, I know, you prefer if the senders time zone was used.

Well, if you wish to do this, you need to use a regular expression to
extract the original time and here it is.

%SETPATTREGEXP="(?m-s)Date\:\s*?((.*?[\d]{4})\s*?([\d]{0,2}\:[\d]{0,2}\:[\d]{0,2})\s*?(.*))"%REGEXPBLINDMATCH="%HEADERS"%SUBPATT="3"%SUBPATT="4"

Create a new quick template, then copy and paste the above macro *as is*
in it. I gave my quick template the handle name 'odate'. This new quick
template will generate the original message time by extracting it from
the RFC headers.

If I wish to do this, I just type 'odate<CTRL><SpaceBar>' at the time
when I wish to insert the date. For example, the otime for this message
to which I'm replying is 11:27:52 -0400. :-)

If you wish to put the original time above in a template, at the point
you wish to insert the time use the macro: %QINCLUDE="odate".

JR> And, finally, is it sufficient to set a filter to recognize
JR> "kludges" & then enter a real word or do you also have to turn on
JR> the option for "regular expressions"?

No, you don't have to turn on the regular expressions option.

JR> If not, when is this option used? Many thanks.

You use the regular expressions option when you wish to use a regular
expression as the filter search string. With the option off, simple
search strings are used instead.

- --
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
- ---
** "Real men don't set for stun. "
Using TB! v1.46d «» Win2k Pro SP1