Hi Jan,

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:53:47 -0400GMT (28/09/2000, 10:53 +0800GMT),
Jan Rifkinson wrote:

>>>      Alternatives:
>>>      [EMAIL PROTECTED] Recipient = yes
>>>      [EMAIL PROTECTED] Recipient = yes
>>>      [EMAIL PROTECTED] sender = yes

Ming-Li>> This alternative rule works only when a message's recipient is both
Ming-Li>> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" AND "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". I doubt that's what you
Ming-Li>> want.

JR>           Second, I was under the impression that alternatives
JR>           were "or" values as in [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
JR>           [EMAIL PROTECTED] etc. while multiple Rules values are
JR>           "and" values. Where am I confused?

You are right. However, in the Alternatives, When you add sets
clicking on the "add set" button, they are all "OR'ed". But: If you
add the conditions by clicking on Alt-Ins (try it out and see the
difference0, then the conditions within one set are "AND'ed" to each
other, while the whole set is "OR'ed" to the rest of the sets.

So, are the three values you describe above in the same set under the
Alternatives tab? Then they have to be all true for this set to return
the value True. If they are in seperate sets, then at least one of
them needs to be true.

HTH.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.