Hi Tony,

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:31:01 +0100GMT (28/09/2000, 19:31 +0800GMT),
Tony Boom wrote:

TF>> If people object to this, I suggest a dialogue when TB starts up:
TF>> "You are currently set up as offline. Would go switch to online
TF>> operation Y/N?"

TB>   As long as it retains the ALT-F2 ability to Connect, get, give and then
TB>   disconnect automatically I'm not too bothered. If it gets to the stage
TB>   where it refuses to disconnect on it's own after fetching mail because
TB>   it assumes you've got a permanent connection then I wouldn't like that
TB>   too much.

No assumptions by the programme. The only effect of the offline switch
should be to not check mail while connected to the internet. Maybe it
should not be called online/offline switch, but rather "ignore
periodical check" switch.

The only question is, if you disconnect from the itnernet, or close
TB, while this switch is in "ignore" (offline) mode, should it
automatically (by default) go into "follow periodal check
instructions" (online) mode when an internet connection is established
and TB is running, or should the last state be remembered.

TF>> Will give you a report tomorrow. ;-)

TB>   Have fun :-)

Thanks. :-) Quite some sake but not too much beer. The evening remains
civilised. ;-)

>> Thomas Fernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  (E-mailaholics International)

TB> Just out of curiosity, what's this E-mailaholics International all about?
TB> I done a search on the web for it and drew a blank.

<g> You won't find it on the internet, we are only here on the TB
lists! It all started on TBBETA when there were no betas to test....
Short version: If you feel you are addicted to email, you'll qualify.

Marck: Do you still have the scoring list that Leif wrote up for
self-assessment of whether you are or are not emailohic, and what the
five stages are? I think only a reiteration of that one really answers
Tony's question.

I am crossposting this to TBOT, where we I think we should continue
this highly interesting topic. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.