Hello Michael,

On  Sunday, October 01, 2000  at  20:33:03 GMT -0700 (which was 8:33 PM
where I live) witnesses say Michael S. Greenbaum typed:

> I have just downloaded The Bat and am setting it up for the first
> time.

Welcome.  I hope you enjoy your experience with TB.

> I have two different email addresses I use.  I'd like to be able to
> choose between them in the From window, but the only way I can find to
> do this is by setting up two accounts for them.

You could create a quick template containing the macro
%From="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Give it a handle like
sa

Then when you're in the message editor, all you need to do is type
sa<ctrl-space>

> This means two inboxes which seems kind of clumsy since every time I
> check my mail, I must remember to check both inboxes. Is there a way
> to have all mail go to the same inbox?

The best way to do this is choose the minor account and set up an
incoming filter to redirect all mail to your primary account.  Then
enable Local delivery under Options -> Network & Administration.

You will lose the original To: address if that's important.  The only
alternative is if your primary account doesn't use too many filters,
then you could simply have the filter *move* the incoming messages
into the primary account.  There are drawbacks to this idea too.  In
this case, your primary account will *not* refilter the moved messages
automatically.

> Meanwhile I have set up two accounts, but when I hit the check mail icon,
> it checks only for the account which is highlighted, not for both accounts.
> I did finally locate a menu item under Tools which says Check Mail for All,
> and I know I can use the Alt-F2 key to do the same thing.  But is
> there any way I can change the icon so that it will check mail for
> both accounts?

Not yet.  I too would like this feature.

> Hope I won't get too annoying with these newbie-type questions,

We were all newbies at one point.  Besides, even some of the
"old-timers" are still learning new things on a daily basis.
Questions are encouraged.

> but I did check the FAQ first and found nothing there.

That's great.  Checking the FAQ is a good thing.  :-)

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Using The Bat! 1.47 Beta/5