Hello Graham,
On Mon, 09 Oct 2000 15:49:49 +0100 GMT your local time,
which was Monday, October 09, 2000, 9:49:49 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Graham wrote:

> Hi Thorvald!

> My experience of TB address book is that you first import the
> *messages*, then if this doesn't result in an import into the address
> book, its a matter of having to add the addresses by hand from your
> messages.  To import the messages, go to Tools/Import
> Messages/Mailbox Import Wizard.

> Another way round this is to use a program like Dawn (which you can
> obtain from:
> ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/simtelnet/win95/email/dawn45.zip).  This is
> a freeware utility which converts address books between a number of
> formats, so that you can import them into various programs.  The Bat!
> isn't supported directly, but you can convert address books into a
> format The Bat will accept (I can't remember exactly which one, as I
> did it a long time ago).

most email programs will allow export to a comma delimited file as its
a kind of standard import format for databases.
If an email program doesnt allow a suitable export format, another
program may support a suitable import program and then export to CDF.
Personally though I thing import of address books from Outlook and
outlook express should be in the bat as most users of those programs
if switching to the bat likely havent got a clue how to convert
them... Added that I use the shareware version of the bat as a kind of
recovery tool in messed up windows systems to get data out of outlook
/ outlook express so it would be handy at that stage to be able to
nick their addressbook as well as it means one can say, try this
emailer, all ready to go...

> Graham

> On 09/10/00 at 15:12 Thorvald Neumann wrote:
>>
>>Due to the poor documentation on importing other filetypes to a
>>TB-addressbook, I have to question the wisdom of this list. ;)
>>
>>We have a project in mind, which involves saving client addresses
>>and e-mails to a webbased database. This database should generate an
>>output in a file-format TB can import.
>>
>>I have done a CSV-file by hand for testing purposes (with EXCEL) and
>>have used the fieldnames of TB for my database fields. The import
>>will not function; TB only displays a warning: "No addresses have
>>been
>>imported."
>>
>>Even saving to the other formats did only result in the same
>>warning.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Best wishes,
>>
>>   Thorvald Neumann
>>   Multimedia Developer

> PGP Keys on keyserver Ldap://certserver.pgp.com

> Key ID 0x5273E2CD (RSA)
> Key ID 0x99DB10BD (DH/DSS)

Best regards,

tracer

--

Using theBAT 1.47 Beta/5 with Windows NT
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]