On Tuesday, October 10, 2000, 6:15:00 AM, Jerry wrote:

> I posted the following problem I am encountering but haven't heard
> anything back yet.  Does anyone have any ideas on this, I really
> need to figure out what is happening here.

No one replied last time because no one had a clue. I guess you're
having a most peculiar problem.

> I can now launch TheBat without error.  This only happens the
> first time that I attempt to launch TheBat after the computer is
> booted. After clearing the initial error via End Task, I can open
> and close and use TheBat without further error.

Do you launch TB from the Startup group, or manually? Try doing it
manually, and wait a few minutes after the computer boots up (after
everything settles down). Sometimes programs launched at startup
(antivirus and the sort) have problems working simultaneously with
one another.

Also try if it happens after you log out and re-log in (not reboot).
Better yet, try create another user account and reboot and log in as
the new user, then see how it goes.

> Dual PIII 450, 512MB RAM

This got me suspicious. Some dual-CPU machines have some really
peculiar bugs. Well, just guessing.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/7 | Win2k SP1