> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:29:09 +0100
> From: "Marck D. Pearlstone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi Britta,
>
> On 13 October 2000 at 09:25:40 GMT +1300 (which was 21:25 where I
> live) Britta wrote and made these points on the subject
> of "! 1.46d: quoting question":
>
>>> In TheBat! 1.46d is there a way to allow the quote character ">" to
>>> appear on a line space when quoting a message with paragraphs?
>
B>>   and  A. Curtis Martin replied:
>>> Unfortunately, not an easy one. If you manually quote your text it
>>> will will be quoted the way that you want it to be.
>
B>> I am totally mystified by this ... TB! has always quoted *including
B>> line spaces* for me, by default.
>
> Yes, but the lines in-between the paragraphs are left blank with no
> quotation prefix. That is the issue here.
>
> Q: Is your email address anything to do with Mr Terry Pratchett?

Hi Marck,

this time I left the quotation exactly as TB brings it up for me in
any Reply (or just when I copy to the clipboard and then use ALT+INS for
'quote-pasting') - sorry, should've done that the first time round! :)

It's just a habit of mine to prune out some of the quote prefixes
between lines if there are a lot, especially if the quoting level goes
back two or three replies deep ... I just prefer the cleaner look of
*not* having the prefixes in the spacer lines - LOL, and other people
want them!

I've been asked the Terry Pratchett question before ... I haven't read
the books and didn't know there was a Morepork in there. The morepork
here in NZ is our small native owl.

Just noticed your next message:
> Got it! Of course TB can't (at this stage) quote the blank lines.
> Whose are they really? Were they in the immediate message to which
> this reply is address or from the previous level and another client
> has failed to quote them.

You're right here in that I think I quoted from two separate messages
and copy-pasted the bits into my reply message.

> Quoting blank lines can end up misleading in mutli-level replies. I
> have seen many Eudora quoted messages that, frankly, just look a mess.

I'm glad I'm not the only neatness freak around here! :)

Cheers,

               Sunday, 15 October 2000  10:53
      Britta     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     The Bat! 1.46d