On 31-10-2000 at 23:50, Luca kindly wrote:

> I'm playing with /export command. I'm only able to export one mailbox
> at a time. Is there any way to perform a massive export of accounts and
> mailboxes?

I asked the same once, and unfortunately there isn't. As
Januk replied:

=== fwd reply Januk ===

With the current implementation, the export command only
generates one file at a time (in Unix format). If multiple
folders were exported at the same time, the messages would
get mixed up into one mail box. So when you go to import,
they would all be in the same folder.

=== end fwd ===

But Ming-Li came up with a nice work-around:

=== fwd posting Ming-Li ===

TB provides a command line switch "/Export". Though you can
use it to export only one folder at a time, as within TB, it
can be used to write a simple .bat file that would export
all of your folders. (Hint, with DOS's Dir command you may
generate a list of all the subdirectories under the home
directory of your mail, in the same structure and names as
your folders in TB. Then it isn't too hard to add the
appropriate command in front of each item with an editor.)

Since you're experimenting the export function as a
precaution (in case you'll need to convert to other email
software again in the future), if I understand you
correctly, we don't have to go into the details at this
time. Suffice for you to know it can be done, though not
from within TB itself. Who knows, the day may never come, or
by then TB may have had the function for you.

=== end fwd ===

- K -

--

When I get my hands on some money, I'll kiss it's green skin
And I'll ask it's dirty face: "where the hell have you been?"