Hello Dirk

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000 00:31:49 +0100, Dirk Heiser wrote:

DH> To Clean up Subjects like this:
DH>    Antwort: [Palm] Re: [Palm] fwd: [palm] re: new Subject (was: old s)
DH>    (yes i really received Subjects like this :-) )
DH> To this:
DH>    Re: new Subject

DH> I used one of the Regex i found here and tryed to modify it.

[snip]

DH> This all work fine for all cases i tryed, but if i use a Subjekt like

DH>    Fwd: Test

DH> I get

DH>   Re: : Test
DH>      ^^

DH> I only have this Problem if the Subjekt contain a "Fwd", all other
DH> Prefixes work fine.

DH> Is the a Bug in TB! or is there a Problem with my Regex (different
DH> default settings)?

I noticed this strange extra colon with Fwd: too, but i didn't
investigate until now...

It's a problem with TB. When the original subject contains "Fwd:",
the colon is not stripped but when the subject contains "Re:", then
the colon is stripped...

All you have to do is insert "(\:\s*)?" just after the RegExp options
and increment the %SubPatt. Below you find an example that seems to
work (but it doesn't do all the fancy things your RE does - it does
not strip the "(was:...)" part of the subject).

<onelongline>
%subject="Re:
%SETPATTREGEXP='(?i)(\:\s*)?(((Re|Aw|Antwort):|\[(Palm|palmcomp)\])\s*)*(.*)'%REGEXPBLINDMATCH='%OSUBJ'%SUBPATT='6'"
</onelongline>

BTW: could anybody using S/MIME please tell the exact string inserted
by TB when decrypting? Now the RE just removes the "(PGP Decrypted)"
suffix...

Regards

Peter
--