On 01-11-2000 at 23:35, [EMAIL PROTECTED] kindly wrote:

> I have a standard answer to people that I would like to set as a
> filter.
> In Eudora, I replied with a stationary, how to do it in TheBat

Erm, Joe, sending the message once will do ;-)

You can do so by a combination of filters and auto-reply.

First, create a filter for these people - I do imagine that
there is something distinctive in the header that they have
in common, such as
  Subject: Subscribe mailinglist    or
  Subject: Send info

Once you have created that filter, go to the Actions tab and
tick the "Send auto-reply" box. A new box will appear where
you can place a template for your auto-reply. Such a
template might look like this:

=== auto-reply template ===

On %ODateShort at %OTime, %OFromName kindly wrote:

%Cursor
%Quotes
%Singlere

YOUR_STANDARD_TEXT

YOUR_NAME
YOUR_SIGNATURE

=== end template ===

which translates to something like this:

=== explanation ====

On %ODateShort at %OTime, %OFromName kindly wrote:
    (which is expanded to look similar to this: