On Wednesday, November 01, 2000, 2:57:12 PM, Jeff wrote:

> Incoming mail isn't a problem, as I set the same reply-to address,
> but its outgoing that's the problem. I don't think i could what
> you suggest with outgoing messages, as they need to be sent first

So you're talking about Outgoing Messages filters, and it looks like
you are filtering them into various folders instead of the default
Sent folder, right?

Well, you may save the drag and drop part but setting up an Outgoing
mail filter in each of your secondary accounts that move those
outgoing messages to the Sent folder of your primary account. After
that, you'll have to re-filter the primary Sent folder manually.

Or, of course, you can set up identical filters for each account. It
would be tough to do, however. Copying the account.srx file (the
file storing an account's filters) from the primary account to
secondary ones won't do, because filters remember destination
folders in relative terms if they are of the same account.

E.g., if you set up a filter in the account A that move certain
messages to folder X of the same account, and you copy the .srx file
to your account B, then the same filter would look for folder X
under account B, and reset the destination folder to the Inbox when
it can't find it.

There is a not so elegant work-around--create a fourth (ghost)
account (account D). Move all your storage folders from your primary
account to it. Then set up all your filters in account A, and copy
the account.srx file (with Windows Explorer) from account A to B and
C. Since all filters are moving mail to folders under another
account (D), the absolute folder path (e.g., \\Account D\Folder X)
would be remembered, and won't be lost when applied in account B and
C.

This only works when all your accounts are sharing all the same
filters (including all four category), for there's only one
account.srx file per account that stores all the filters.

Another (and quite serious) drawback is you can't re-filter a folder
(in account D), unless you create another set of filters in account
D. As said above, copying account.srx from account A to D won't do
the job.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.48 Beta/1 | Win2k SP1