On 15-11-2000 at 14:49:53GMT -0800 (which was 22:49 where I live)
David Tod Sigafoos wrote regarding the subject of "Received time"

ACM>> Personally, I prefer the received time as TB! defines it. After-all, it
ACM>> doesn't really matter to me when the server received the message because
ACM>> I haven't personally received it until I have downloaded it. Knowing
ACM>> when the mail hit my inbox is therefore more useful. I can tell others
ACM>> when I downloaded their messages.

> Please sir ..

> since it is part of the rfc header wouldn't it be possible to expose
> this information and allow the users to determine which time to use.

> For example I receive many many mails during the night and so have
> many many mails with 1 receive time in the morning.  it is not
> possible to read them in any order as they all have the same receive
> time.  if i were allowed to see them according to the time my server
> received then then I could follow the thread of thought.

> sorry to interrupt

> Dsig
> David Tod Sigafoos

Hello David Tod,

This is exactly the reason why I use the Creation-Time on the TB lists!!
The Received time doesn't work (for me) well enough here.

Regards

--
Manfred Ell

using TheBat 1.48 Beta/6 on Windows 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1, RC 1.1