Hello Ben,

you wrote on Sunday, November 19, 2000 at about 19:36 h
the following about "please help out a lamer":

BP> Hi,

BP> I'm in  lot of trouble...I ended up getting a new machine, and while I copied
BP> the TheBat directory over to the new system, of course I can't get it to run
BP> or anything.

BP> What do I need to do, and how do it.  I still have the old system, and TheBat
BP> is still running on it.

You need to extract the registry paths for TB! from your original
machine and copy them into the knew ones. IOW, extract
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RIT" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\RIT"
with a batch file with the following commands:

@regedit /e Z:\UserRegSetting.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT"
@regedit /e Z:\MachineRegSetting.reg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\RIT"

On your new machine just double click these two *.reg files and
Win-d'oh!s will automatically add the strings.

Just my 2 cents

HTH
Kari Jakobi

MUA: The Bat! 1.48 Beta/7
OS:  Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
on   AMD K6-2 450MHz w/ 128MB SDRAM

To obtain my PGP-Key send a message to:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=PGP-KEY_REQUEST