On 22-11-2000 at 02:45, Januk Aggarwal kindly wrote:
> Karin Spaink typed:

[Using the "EN English/US (International)" keyboard set
within Win OS's will give you diacritics in a jiffy]

>> Once you have selected that one, you can make all kinds of
>> high ascii letters (diacritics) by combining ' ` " ~ with a
>> letter.

>> ,c              ç

>   ^
>   probably a typo, but that should be a forward single apostrophe, '

Yes, you caught me ;-)

>> If you don't want " ' ` ~ to be part of a diacritic, just
>> type a space after ot, then you'll get it as per usual.

> And if you type something like 'r then you don't even need the space.

Ah yes, I am so used to this keyboard layout that my
fingers 'automagically' recognise what I want and add or
withhold spaces, that I almost forgat that one feature ;-)

> That's a great tip Karin, thanks a lot.  This will save me
> considerable time when typing.  I've been using the alt-code for far
> too long... :-(

My only hassle is that you can't create "å" within this
system, but apart from that one, this keyboard layout
covers all West- and North-European letters, and part of the
South.

- K -

--

Being an artist is not a profession. It is a dilemma.
  - Performer and artist Ulay