Hello Jan,

On  Fri, 24 Nov 2000  at  09:07:50 GMT -0500 (which was 6:07 AM
where I live) witnesses say Jan Rifkinson typed:

> However, at times someone may publish the identical email to all three
> lists & I would like to know if there is a RegExp that can handle the
> problem of eliminating the duplicate messages.

They would need something in common for a RegExp to have any hope.
Plus you would need to construct a new RegExp for each set of messages
that you want to eliminate.  It is much easier and quicker to do the
elimination by hand.

> I know there is a "kill dupes" menu function but since the headers are
> not identical (although the message is) I'm assuming this TB! facility
> won't work in this case although I haven't tried it.

Try it and see what happens.  The kill dupes command eliminates any
messages within one folder that have identical MessageIDs.  The only
way to know for sure if this will work for you is to actually try the
feature and see.  It might end up that you have to do this all by
hand...

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal