Outlook is a good example, because they'll run VBScript code when you
view the message.  This is why "macro" based viruses now account for
more than %98 of all new virus activity.

There's no "generic" way to do it (i.e. that would work on "most"
email clients) since it would involve running some kind of script code
directly on your PC, either through the execution of an attachment or
an automated script execution in the email client itself.

$.02

 :)

 - Mike