On 05-12-2000 at 20:26:10GMT +0000 (which was 20:26 where I live)
Doug Weller wrote regarding the subject of "Starting to crash"

DW> I know this isn't terribly useful, but I had thought it was more
DW> stable than it is.

DW> At least it doesn't take forever to get rebuilt the way Calypso did,
DW> but I worry about losing the message base.

Hello Doug,

I don't know, which version you're using but if it's a beta you've got to
be careful and do your regular backups. I do mine every 2hrs with 2ndCopy
(keeping the last 7 versions of each ThBat file!)

Having said this I can say that TheBat never destroyed my data in the
approx 12 months I've been using it (using every beta there is). It crashed
a few times but I wouldn't call it unstable.
Before I've used and bought Calypso (which destroyed my data twice before I
dumped it) and Eudora (which became the most bloated email on earth).

Don't let the crashes keep you from buying TheBeta. It's worth every penny
in comparison to others.
(Now if they would update those help files!)

Regards

--
Manfred

using TheBat 1.48 Beta/9 on Windows 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1, RC 1.1

Shh! Be vewy qwiewet! I'm hunting wuntime ewwors.