Greetings,

I've noticed that when I reply to any mail, the quoted text isn't
wrapped at the same line length as my inserted text. Is this a known
problem or is there a way to auto-correct this?

Here's an example:

----begin------

RC> The first firewall choice is always hardware.  I'm sure Keith C. and Brian
RC> C. could help me there, but is anyone relying on a software app  that's
RC> bullet-proof ?

Stuff and more stuff. Lots of text here, going on and on and on, and
it's about to wrap. Ah, there it did. This is some text and more text
here. See what I mean?

-----end-------

The quoted text is extended beyond my wrap limit. Now, If I were to
highlight the quoted material and hit Alt+L, it is corrected:

----begin------

RC> The first firewall choice is always hardware. I'm sure Keith C.
RC> and Brian C. could help me there, but is anyone relying on a
RC> software app that's bullet-proof ?

Stuff and more stuff. Lots of text here, going on and on and on, and
it's about to wrap. Ah, there it did. This is some text and more text
here. See what I mean?

----end-------

I hope that comes through to the list like it's supposed to.

Is there a way to automatically correct this? If I don't do that
(correct the quoted material), then any replies to my message come
back all jumbled in some cases (I suppose if the MUA isn't smart
enough to know. ;-))

My current settings for the Editor are (checked items):

Auto-wrap
Smart-Tabs
Auto-Indent
Backspace Unindents
Find Text At Cursor
Overwrite blocks

I have my wrap at 70
Quote name limit at 20

And I have auto-save on for every 1 seconds.

-Brian
--
Structured Programming supports the law of the excluded muddle.